The dragon was fought silently
In a journal every so quietly
When no one was there to lend a hand
I kept fighting and pushing for dry land
In the ocean of blackness and tears
I thought I would sink and disappear
To the rescue came a simple pen
And paper pages to write therein.  

The dragon lies defeated
The ocean, a few rain drops
The pages of a journal completed
I now can share my thoughts.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Journal Entry

October 13, 2001

The type of husband I don't want: one who is a slave to his job, who only cares for himself, who is obsesses with money, won't go to the Temple with me, head strong, quick temper, messy, lazy, a tight wad, unmotivated, or won't finish projects. 

I want a husband who will love me enough he'd never raise his voice at me, turn his back on me, ignore me, speak unkindly to me, control me, or physically hurt me. 

I was 21 when I wrote this.  I would have never thought in 3 more years I'd marry someone who would do all the things I never wanted.  Before I wrote what I didn't want, I wrote what I did want.  The same things I wanted then are the same things I'm looking for now. 

No comments: