The dragon was fought silently
In a journal every so quietly
When no one was there to lend a hand
I kept fighting and pushing for dry land
In the ocean of blackness and tears
I thought I would sink and disappear
To the rescue came a simple pen
And paper pages to write therein.  

The dragon lies defeated
The ocean, a few rain drops
The pages of a journal completed
I now can share my thoughts.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Vortex, I'm here, Spun, I didn't know

Oh No! It's coming
Trying to escape
It moves in closer,
Sucking me into it's space

Thrown around like a rag doll
It's trying to shred me, I want to bawl
I'm stronger than this, My house stands tall
Built upon a rock, I will not fall

Words hit me like raining rocks
Confusion swirls me in a cloud of dust
Emotions spinning wanting me to erupt

Running my mouth trying to reason
It's like telling winter it's no longer a season
The way out is to succumb
Give into the vortex until it's done
The dust settles as the vortex escapes
Leaving me to assess what it tried to erase

It can't erase what it's taken before
Pain and sorrow I try to ignore
The sucking vortex will eat up your heart
Then move on when the lights go dark

My house was destroyed before
Sucked up and spit on the floor
I can't click my heals to take me away from this place
I have to rebuild in this new space
.........................................................................
I'm here, I'm here, I'm here,
Where am I?
This place isn't mine
This life isn't mine
My aching heart tells me it is
Something familiar to see, to touch
All I have is Gods hands
...........................................................
Self Esteem you are so low
Because the one you loved told you so
Told you things to hurt your soul
Spun me around till I didn't know me anymore
........................................................................
I didn't know I was kissing fire
I thought it was desire
I didn't know I was playing in the bull's pen
I thought it was a meadow
I didn't know I was holding hands with a serpent
I thought you were a man
I didn't know I was marring a wolf
I thought you were a lamb
I didn't know when you told me you loved me it was a lie
I thought it was the truth
I didn't know it would end up like this
I thought it would be marital bliss


No comments: