The dragon was fought silently
In a journal every so quietly
When no one was there to lend a hand
I kept fighting and pushing for dry land
In the ocean of blackness and tears
I thought I would sink and disappear
To the rescue came a simple pen
And paper pages to write therein.  

The dragon lies defeated
The ocean, a few rain drops
The pages of a journal completed
I now can share my thoughts.

Friday, January 23, 2009

I found a few more

Alone, echos in my head
Wanting me to feel dead
Alone, fills my heart
Piercing like a dart
Alone, my finger is now bare
Symbolizing he didn't care

Alone is a state of mind.  I was not feeling alone or lonely.  I'm explaining I'm alone because he didn't care enough about the relationship to work on it. The end result is getting divorced and not being a couple. 
........................................................
I cried inside
I'm drowning in a pool of tears
Made by my own lack of action to swim

I was feeling overwhelmed by everything happening to me.  I couldn't figure out how to make it stop or what was causing it.  I knew I needed to get out, but my head was under water and I couldn't think.  I didn't know if I was swimming up or down at that point.   It seemed like walls were everywhere I tried to escape. 
..................................................
I was happy once
It wasn't that long ago.

I dreamed
I dreamed of being married
I dreamed of children
I dreamed of being held tight
I dreamed of talking all night
I dreamed of sharing my thoughts

I had big dreams
Is what I was told

Whenever I shared anything about myself he would use it against me.  He told me I had too big of dreams and to not think so highly or reach for something I'll never have. (relating to a healthy relationship.  Not work goals or personal goals, just relationship goals.)   In my head I agreed with him, because I knew it would never happen with him being my husband.  
..........................................
Take me away from this place
Remove the walls crowding my face
Crumbling to the ground I fall
A million different pieces in all

I was like a mouse in a maze, running toward the next dead end.   I couldn't find a way out of the relationship.  I wanted to leave.  I was desperate and willing to do anything God told me to do; as long as I could be healed. 
............................................
Dark windows as I approach the house
Inside will be quiet as a mouse
The darkest hours are just before dawn
What about silent nights and the tears they spawn?

He was working in Chicago and it was the best thing that could have happened for me.  It gave me room to breath and see what was really happening.  I was unraveling the web I was tied up in.  Some nights were dark and tearful as I reflected over my marriage and the reality of it. 

No comments: